SIT N SLEEP - You're killing me Larry!

You're killing me Larry! I purchased a $2,500 Sherwood mattress and box spring from Sit 'n Sleep Westminster in February 2014. Recently I noticed that the cover on the bottom of our Sherwood mattress was tearing away in all four corners. Since we were only 20 months into our 20 year warranty I called Sit 'n Sleep. They referred me to Precise Mattress inspections to schedule an appointment. It took a few weeks because apparently there's only one 'inspector' and he only makes it to Huntington Beach on Thursdays - or some BS like that.

The guy (Precise Mattress Inspectors) shows up and takes a bunch of pictures and does his thing. I didn't watch because I figured he was a professional and surely this was a warranty issue? Right Larry? On his way out he mentioned that he observed a ‘stain’ and that Sit 'n Sleep would respond pretty fast. He gave me no indication that this would or would not be approved.

As I was putting the sheets back on the bed I look for this 'stain' that the guy mentioned. You had to look pretty hard but I found it. Realistically the kind of stains that were are talking about are only going to be in two places: At the 'head' or in the 'groin' area. I'm happy to report that it was near the head. I found it right about where if I drooled the stain would be. FYI, Websters defines a 'stain' as, "a spot not easily removed." I grabbed a damp wash cloth (my wife hates it when I do stuff like that) and wiped over it a few times. Viola... no more stain.

Since it wasn't a 'stain' I'll refer to it as a 'mark'... as I'm wiping the mark off I'm thinking to myself, "What does a mark have to do with the cover tearing on the opposite side of the mattress? Did the mark leak all the way through?" I flipped the mattress over and fortunately there was no mark there.

Well I got my Sit 'n Sleep response letter today. It's no wonder why they are fast - it's a form letter, a rejection form letter I might add. After reading all the complaints here I'm wondering if anyone actually gets their warranty submission approved. Here’s what the form letter reported:

- Mattress body impressions measured within normal warranty parameters.

- White law label containing warranty information has been removed.

- Product is stained or soiled.

- Damaged/broken frame does not provide sufficient support for mattress of this size/weight.

You don't need to be an attorney to see what's going on here. The question is why would Sit 'n Sleep stand behind the manufacturers and not the customers? Are Sherwood and Sit 'n Sleep crappy companies or am I a crappy customer? Are you crappy customers or did we shop for crappy products at a crappy store? I don't know.

Regardless of labels, supposed stains and questionable bed frames Sit 'n Sleep has an issue with the cover tearing off of the Sherwood mattress. And it's not like gorillas change the sheets. This kind of stuff should not happen unless there are problems with the materials that Sherwood used or the workmanship. We actually purchased a nice fitting and expensive set of sheets from Sit 'n Sleep. I guess that's the last purchase we'll be making from them.

The big question Larry is: Who is gonna get that class action lawsuit going?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to SIT N SLEEP. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about SIT N SLEEP.
Filing a new complaint about