You're killing me Larry! I purchased a $2,500 Sherwood mattress and box spring from Sit 'n Sleep Westminster in February 2014. Recently I noticed that the cover on the bottom of our Sherwood mattress was tearing away in all four corners. Since we were only 20 months into our 20 year warranty I called Sit 'n Sleep. They referred me to Precise Mattress inspections to schedule an appointment. It took a few weeks because apparently there's only one 'inspector' and he only makes it to Huntington Beach on Thursdays - or some BS like that.
The guy (Precise Mattress Inspectors) shows up and takes a bunch of pictures and does his thing. I didn't watch because I figured he was a professional and surely this was a warranty issue? Right Larry? On his way out he mentioned that he observed a ‘stain’ and that Sit 'n Sleep would respond pretty fast. He gave me no indication that this would or would not be approved.
As I was putting the sheets back on the bed I look for this 'stain' that the guy mentioned. You had to look pretty hard but I found it. Realistically the kind of stains that were are talking about are only going to be in two places: At the 'head' or in the 'groin' area. I'm happy to report that it was near the head. I found it right about where if I drooled the stain would be. FYI, Websters defines a 'stain' as, "a spot not easily removed." I grabbed a damp wash cloth (my wife hates it when I do stuff like that) and wiped over it a few times. Viola... no more stain.
Since it wasn't a 'stain' I'll refer to it as a 'mark'... as I'm wiping the mark off I'm thinking to myself, "What does a mark have to do with the cover tearing on the opposite side of the mattress? Did the mark leak all the way through?" I flipped the mattress over and fortunately there was no mark there.
Well I got my Sit 'n Sleep response letter today. It's no wonder why they are fast - it's a form letter, a rejection form letter I might add. After reading all the complaints here I'm wondering if anyone actually gets their warranty submission approved. Here’s what the form letter reported:
- Mattress body impressions measured within normal warranty parameters.
- White law label containing warranty information has been removed.
- Product is stained or soiled.
- Damaged/broken frame does not provide sufficient support for mattress of this size/weight.
You don't need to be an attorney to see what's going on here. The question is why would Sit 'n Sleep stand behind the manufacturers and not the customers? Are Sherwood and Sit 'n Sleep crappy companies or am I a crappy customer? Are you crappy customers or did we shop for crappy products at a crappy store? I don't know.
Regardless of labels, supposed stains and questionable bed frames Sit 'n Sleep has an issue with the cover tearing off of the Sherwood mattress. And it's not like gorillas change the sheets. This kind of stuff should not happen unless there are problems with the materials that Sherwood used or the workmanship. We actually purchased a nice fitting and expensive set of sheets from Sit 'n Sleep. I guess that's the last purchase we'll be making from them.
The big question Larry is: Who is gonna get that class action lawsuit going?
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sherwood King Size Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "...Out of nowhere, I woke up with an incredible itchy, blotchy rash, pics attached. I went to immediate care and..."
- "I have tried to resolve this issue in an amicable way but this Company will not make good on their products, I purchased approximately $12,000 at this store to include..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "I went to see show.what a loser imposter of a slash with a bad silly wig was on stage Ha ha after I did my search I saw..."
- "I just picked up the package (samsung Galaxy S6 edge) from the UPS facility, excitedly I went home to open the package. When I received the package, I noticed something..."