You're killing me Larry! I purchased a $2,500 Sherwood mattress and box spring from Sit 'n Sleep Westminster in February 2014. Recently I noticed that the cover on the bottom of our Sherwood mattress was tearing away in all four corners. Since we were only 20 months into our 20 year warranty I called Sit 'n Sleep. They referred me to Precise Mattress inspections to schedule an appointment. It took a few weeks because apparently there's only one 'inspector' and he only makes it to Huntington Beach on Thursdays - or some BS like that.
The guy (Precise Mattress Inspectors) shows up and takes a bunch of pictures and does his thing. I didn't watch because I figured he was a professional and surely this was a warranty issue? Right Larry? On his way out he mentioned that he observed a ‘stain’ and that Sit 'n Sleep would respond pretty fast. He gave me no indication that this would or would not be approved.
As I was putting the sheets back on the bed I look for this 'stain' that the guy mentioned. You had to look pretty hard but I found it. Realistically the kind of stains that were are talking about are only going to be in two places: At the 'head' or in the 'groin' area. I'm happy to report that it was near the head. I found it right about where if I drooled the stain would be. FYI, Websters defines a 'stain' as, "a spot not easily removed." I grabbed a damp wash cloth (my wife hates it when I do stuff like that) and wiped over it a few times. Viola... no more stain.
Since it wasn't a 'stain' I'll refer to it as a 'mark'... as I'm wiping the mark off I'm thinking to myself, "What does a mark have to do with the cover tearing on the opposite side of the mattress? Did the mark leak all the way through?" I flipped the mattress over and fortunately there was no mark there.
Well I got my Sit 'n Sleep response letter today. It's no wonder why they are fast - it's a form letter, a rejection form letter I might add. After reading all the complaints here I'm wondering if anyone actually gets their warranty submission approved. Here’s what the form letter reported:
- Mattress body impressions measured within normal warranty parameters.
- White law label containing warranty information has been removed.
- Product is stained or soiled.
- Damaged/broken frame does not provide sufficient support for mattress of this size/weight.
You don't need to be an attorney to see what's going on here. The question is why would Sit 'n Sleep stand behind the manufacturers and not the customers? Are Sherwood and Sit 'n Sleep crappy companies or am I a crappy customer? Are you crappy customers or did we shop for crappy products at a crappy store? I don't know.
Regardless of labels, supposed stains and questionable bed frames Sit 'n Sleep has an issue with the cover tearing off of the Sherwood mattress. And it's not like gorillas change the sheets. This kind of stuff should not happen unless there are problems with the materials that Sherwood used or the workmanship. We actually purchased a nice fitting and expensive set of sheets from Sit 'n Sleep. I guess that's the last purchase we'll be making from them.
The big question Larry is: Who is gonna get that class action lawsuit going?
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sherwood King Size Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "I went to see show.what a loser imposter of a slash with a bad silly wig was on stage Ha ha after I did my search I saw..."
- "I just picked up the package (samsung Galaxy S6 edge) from the UPS facility, excitedly I went home to open the package. When I received the package, I noticed something..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."